We went out in early August to Huber Orchard and Winery. We collected plenty of grapes and Josiah had a great time. He really liked the grapes!

Here is josiah after a long day of picking grapes. He was so tired he didn't have the energy to hold another cluster, so daddy had to hold it for the picture :)

But afterwards we got some ice cream and imagined riding the tractor.

The farmers stare.

A few weeks later Kathy and I moved into our new apartment. Josiah helped.
So September has rolled around and the wind came. Last weekend hurricane Ike came through and the Honda felt it the most! This was in Ferdinand Indiana. I went to visit Josh Lagrange and we felt in the words of Josh "the finger tip of God." It was scary at moments, but interesting all at the same time. An old telephone pole fell over on the car. Crazy.

Nice little dent

Here is a video I tried to take of the wind. Trees were down everywhere and it was hard to see with all the debris and dirt flying but was cool nonetheless. Don't get motion sickness from the video! There is a BIG tree down accross from Josh's house.
After the storm rolled over, Josh and I went out to the Ketzel Farm and helped do a little crowd control on the raccoon population. Ketzel had been having quite a few ears of corn missing this season and this raccoon had definitely had his fill. He was probably about 18 lbs.


So again, the post ends with hunting, but the next will be even better! Josiah and I...HUNTING! Gnight.
1 comment:
How cute is Josiah !!! ANd looking even more like a little "boy". It's crazy to think a year ago, their little heads flopped around and they would barely open their eyes, etc.. Well, not too soon to be forgotten since we will both be back in that boat in a couple months !!
The Lord has a good way of reminding us how much we need him especially at 1 am/4 am /7am... LOL !! Hey I started us a new blog that I determined to keep up so check us out. My goal is to update it weekly or so...http://www.wdtandcrew.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment