Friday, January 14, 2011

What's in a braid?

I attempted to french braid sarah's hair this morning for the first time. As I worked on it (it was my first french braid as well!), she sat so patiently, seeming to enjoy it. I couldn't help but be taken back to when I found such comfort and excitement in my mother taking the time and care to fix and braid my hair. I realized it is in these seemingly small yet delicate moments that I am given the oppurtunity to nurture the heart of my precious daughter. May I never become so distracted by insignificant affairs that I neglect this God-given, God-glorifying priviledge. -Kathy
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

michael and abby said...

it looks beautiful.

yes, being a mother to a baby daughter (and in my case 2!!) is a precious blessing.

loved hearing from you on the blog =)

-Abby