Saturday, July 9, 2011

Real Man Camping

I got Josiah in on some real man camping July 3rd.  Just a rain fly and cold hard ground.  Beef jerky and not even a fire to keep us warm during the blistering rain and wind.  I ask Josiah if he is scared, he says," I ain't skerd! I eat fear for breakfast."


Ok that last part may not be exactly correct but thats the story we are telling everyone.  Actually Josiah and I went with Kevin and Steve to Deam Lake and Josiah was kind of scared with all the wind howling and thunderstorm rolling in before we could get tents up.  Good thing I had my sil-nylon homemade leanto ready to deploy!  It saved us from geting soaked and wind whipped.  Now that is the truth!


We all were dirty tired and nasty but had a great time making fires, throwing tomohawks, and just hangin out at 4am. Josiah definitley got the most sleep, even though he was roughin it under the tarp. We now know that Josiah is ready for true man camping.


Highlights of the trip were catching Josiah peeing on a tree, Josiah fell and busted his lip, Josiah carrying puppy out of the woods, me hauling almost 80 lbs when Josiah couldn't walk anymore. Phew!


It was a great time and even better memories.


No comments: