QUICK! Some one call an ambulance, my husband just fainted!!
Hahaha...just joking. But he will most likely have a jaw dropping moment when he sees I have actually posted on here (a long awaited desire of his). But then it's not like I've been busy or anything, right?!?! (raising 3 kids, homeschooling, home making, church life...) No really, all joking aside, I truly do want to contribute to the log of our family's life together and be a blessing to any one that is out there who may investigate these little moments of ours. For it is all for one purpose- to bring Glory to our God!
What's the occasion- you ask?
Well, I have been meditating much tonight about the season I find myself in. Some of it has been so filled with joy, other parts with deep sadness and other parts filled with deep spiritual burden. I struggle NOT to be introspective but rather to see these difficulties with eyes of faith. Faith that tells me He has a purpose and a plan for my sorrows. He desires to take my hardships and use them to transform me, He desires to comfort me. And in doing so, He gives me great grace that enables me to turn and be a blessing to others. Help THEM see with eyes of faith, see God at work, comfort them with the comfort He gave me. That's what it's all about isn't it?!?! We over complicate our lives to the point of paralysis and inactivity in Kingdom work! Is it that hard to be compassionate, thoughtful, thankful and encouraging?
Scripture rises up in my heart, "make the most of every opportunity for the days are evil...," "suffer for doing good...," women adorn yourselves...with good deeds...," "we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works which he prepared beforehand that we would walk in them," "what do you have that you have not been given?" and many more!
Still my heart, Lord. Help me, by your Spirit, to see the needs around me and rise to meet them!
-Kathy
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Surprise! It's ME!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment